Resignation.

King Trip

Staff member
Sep 15, 2014
Parts Unknown
Well, i'm actually sad to say i'd like to resign my position as "admin". Seriously, it's frustrating when you make a post about issues in the community and the game-play, and it's even backed up like shit Shin and Cyperian were saying and you guys just go "oh he's mad he got reported"... Jesus Christ. Way to pretty much ignore the other 11 paragraphs I wrote on issues i'm seeing. Only like 3-4 of you I feel actually read it I think. I've come to realize and with talking with other people in this community, that while you guys say "send feedback, suggest shit" all of this and then when shit is actually presented to you you ignore it.. or it "bums ya out" n then we see even more delays. I don't see anything changing here, nor do I see any decisions being made. It just feels like an excuse for laziness.

All I wanted was to see this server thrive and grow. Now it feels like i'm just holdin' shit back. So it's best I just resign. I don't even play anymore tbh. Maybe once a month when my friends wanted to play. I'm just holding on to past memories, and i'm really grateful for the friends i've made along the way. Only going to stay in touch with a few of you, n I think you know who you are. It's just time for me to move on. This isn't my place anymore, i'm always going to hold onto the old ways of how things were. Hopefully apps are posted back up soon and you guys can get new admins and people with a different vision to replace me. God knows this server is gonna need it. I really hope you all succeed with whatever it is you want to do. Good luck in the future, but i'm not going to be apart of it.

So, good bye everyone. -King Trip

King Trip

Staff member
Sep 15, 2014
Parts Unknown
Come on man, let's be friends. I did not wanted things to end this way. I'm so sorry.
Lmao, it has nothing to do with your report man, it had everything to do with the way things are. I tried to make that clear in the report. But it was taken completely wrong. It's just time for me to move on to different things. At this point in my life I have plenty of opportunity creating music and producing for a wide variety of artists. I'd rather focus on that for now. It was an amazing 4 years here, everyone's gotta move on at some point.

br0wnies

Donator
Jun 2, 2015
Planet Earth
A bit late to the party but I'll state my opinion nonetheless. I spent the time and read every single post, in case you want to know.

I'm sure you don't remember or even seen me at all, because I can only recall two times I actually saw you in-game, but I've been here since early 2015.
I'd like to thank you for standing up and speaking your mind out with true honesty, even tho you could have done it without all the unnecessary curses and expressions, but I'm sure it's your own way of speaking and I'm not going to butcher it.

I must say that you made some valid points with decent arguments, although I do not agree with all of them, some of them stood out to me.

Firstly, I got what you meant about the server being dead, or rather, the community. And I agree, most veterans already quit or don't play as often anymore. It's just.. not fun anymore, as you put it. All these restrictions and limitations were constructed for one way to play the game, there is so little space left for branching out that it isn't even worth doing it anymore.
At one point I remember just joining new players' teams and building actual boats for them without spawning in a corner, backup or lobby ones because they're so "meta" (more on that in the next paragraph). And it was fun while it lasted, but that also got old pretty quick, and with nowhere else to turn i went back to clearing new players round, after round, after round. It just got so repetitive... To some degree I would even end up in the faglist you mentioned.

Secondly, The learning curve and new players. In most games you learn by progressing and repeating. Here, all you need to do is dupe your boat and know where to shoot, oh and maybe how to dolphin dive, but that's about all. There is no skill involved in this game, it's just which team has more players with better weapons and a better meta boat. And that's why it's so unfriendly to new players, they don't have weapons and they don't have knowledge on boats either. The moment they learn to dupe a meta boat, their learning curve is already at the top. All that's left for them is to get the overpriced weapons and they'll be clearing noobs in no time. The problem is at the core itself, so it's not easy to fix, but hopefully it'll be worked on and improved in 3.0 if it even makes it here before we both just quit entirely.

Thirdly, the Glitch boats (engine, catapult, etc.). I see why you'd be mad, because they are truly a fun concept, but rules are rules and you shouldn't get mad because someone reported you for breaking them. You told it yourself, you build them for new players to farm money, but this time you shot back when you weren't supposed to. You got to understand that you got some backlash because you acted inappropriately. And calling him a tryhard won't make you look any better.
I hope this paragraph didn't come out too harsh, I'm not here to start a witch hunt, but I have to get my point across in some way.

Even so, I'd like to wish you good luck in your life and career. I hope only the best for you!

LaffeyTaffy

Tired
Staff member
Owner
Dec 2, 2014
Iowa, United States of America
First paragraph I can understand, sometimes I just skim over long stuff, but I don't think i've really been in the situation to skip your posts altogether. Second paragraph really hits home for me because that is why I resigned, because it felt like I had to come on the server, I had to be active. But I can't be on all the time and feel like I have to be on. Some told me that I shouldn't resign because I said i'd still be active on the forums and that's good enough, but still I felt like that would be dumb because if I can't be on every day, week, month sometimes then what's the point. I agree with you on your second big point, but I hope you still can hop onto the website every once in awhile like me (I hop on during class when i'm bored ecks dee).