FlyingPotato's Staff Application

• Dear Guest, we strongly advice you to read and understand the sticky threads below before posting on this section.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2015
Super Market's Potato Stall
Your In-Game Name
FlyingPotato

Steam profile

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wangzhengyu2014

SteamID
STEAM_0:0:97747063

Do you have a microphone?
Yes, I have a microphone.

Country
Malaysia

How long have you been with SS?
I start to use the forum at Dec 10,2015. So I pretty sure i have been with SS over one year already.

Have you ever been an admin before, if so please specify where?
Former Mod on multiple Garry's Mod RP Servers

How many hours per week on average will you be online and around what time and which timezone?

The play time i play everyday is determine by how free that day I am. Usually I can play 3-5 hours per day. My timezone is UTC+08:00. Its holiday so i'm able to online for longer time.

If another Admin recommended you state their name here
Thermalisation, Cyprien, Repskii

Why do you want to become an admin?
I really like the community and the server. I play flood during my free time as well as League of Legends or anything that i can play. If I do get the moderator rank, I can stop rules breaker and give them the right punishment they should get. The only problem with me is the time, I live in Malaysia. My time is 13 hour ahead to USA, so usually when I'm online, everyone was sleeping. The moderators or super admin i usually seen is @Thermalisation and @Cyprien. In this kind of situation, I can be a moderator that look after the server when you all sleeping <3. Being a moderator is not for power, it's for moderating the server!

Useless Information about Myself
My name is Wang, you can call me Wang. I'm 14 from Malaysia. My favourite food is potato xD I ate myself, I know, cannibalism. I like playing softball. I'm pretty lame I guess. I like cooking for my family or baking some cakes sometimes. Tonight menu is Flying Speghetti lol<3. ermm... I like games? idk xD. some of my online friends call me flying wang, because I'm Wang and I can fly xD.

I will make sharp shooters flood great again -Donald Wang
Thanks For Reading! ~

Edit: I stepped down as mod on RP servers.

Last edited:

§§ Cyprien

Man Mangler
Staff member
Donator
Sep 30, 2014
California, United States
+1 more active than me, would make an awesome addition to our staff team as he is responsible and is also in a different time zone.
EDIT: why does everyone -1 when they're never online, should be a minimum hrs per week req to be able to vote so people can actually get a feel for their presence.

Last edited:

Flavored Chips

Champagne Papi
Staff member
Apr 5, 2014
Chicago Suburbs
-1. Although you are very friendly and outgoing, active, as well as being in a timezone often unmoderated, I see a lack of professionalism, maturity, and knowledge of rules to counter that.

Your forum post quality is very lackluster, and gives off a negative vibe when it comes to maturity and generally being a staff member. As an applicant, staff members should be expecting an application and respond well, not be surprised or taken off guard, which is the initial reaction I had gotten. I see the activity, however, I don't see the much needed professionalism needed to hold the staff position and reflect it well, as well as be a role model and figure to the playerbase.

In general, maintain your positivity and activity, but improve heavily on maturity, professionalism and how your appear to other people, and post quality.

Thanks for your application, good luck!

Zano

Staff member
Donator
Oct 3, 2014
Parts Unknown
-1 I may be wrong.
But when you say you were former mod on multiple rp servers.
To me, it sounds like you lost the rank on these servers.
Be more specific on this part.
For me theirs a lack of trust.
Edit: Still a lack of trust.
You kind of seemed to just come back because I feel like I just saw you coming back recently

Last edited:

Cat

Loose Cannon
Staff member
Oct 3, 2015
home
Must have a reason to be counted.
professional moderator.

+1 Do we need any more staff? Probably not, but I do think you will be a great addition to the team,
you have a very friendly and nice personality which is good and I love that you're incredibly active.
One piece of advice if you do become a moderator, just try not to follow after Cyprien and abuse the 'pick up ability' with the physgun.
Just try to be a bit more professional with your wording.
Good luck dude, I'm rooting for ya.

Last edited:

h_twenty

Donator
Nov 18, 2013
Your Grandfather's basement.
I don't think my vote will be counted due to my absence, but here goes nothing.

What Potatoes lacks in """"""""""maturity"""""""""", he makes up for with a great attitude. I believe that he genuinely wants to give back to the community, knows the rules, and would respect the community and his powers enough not to abuse them.
All he needs in my opinion, and other people have said this in this thread, is a more professional demeanor and he'd be all set.

Best of luck, +1

Rep

$PussyGobbler$
Staff member
Donator
Apr 21, 2016
+1 Friendly person and listens to everyone's opinion and not greedy like many others.
Would be a great moderator!

Last edited:

Klock

Admin
Staff member
Feb 16, 2015
I've met you and played with you but you always seemed to be asking for admin or some kind of rank and it makes you look really power hungry.
I don't have too many comments that havn't been stated by chips ( who always makes these great posts ) or anyone else.

-1. Although you are very friendly and outgoing, active, as well as being in a timezone often unmoderated, I see a lack of professionalism, maturity, and knowledge of rules to counter that.

Your forum post quality is very lackluster, and gives off a negative vibe when it comes to maturity and generally being a staff member. As an applicant, staff members should be expecting an application and respond well, not be surprised or taken off guard, which is the initial reaction I had gotten. I see the activity, however, I don't see the much needed professionalism needed to hold the staff position and reflect it well, as well as be a role model and figure to the playerbase.

In general, maintain your positivity and activity, but improve heavily on maturity, professionalism and how your appear to other people, and post quality.

Thanks for your application, good luck!

Also people seem to be forgetting the rules of voting
1. Only post if you're going to correctly vote on the app with full seriousness and reasoning. (No neutral or empty votes)

Klock

Admin
Staff member
Feb 16, 2015
It has been more than a week for this application and a conclusion should be made.
( bump )
also you can delete this when you do

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.