Flood model/hat Store design - Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sno

Owner/Founder
Staff member
Owner
Feb 3, 2012
2,358
1,155
143
West Virginia, United States
#1
I'm about to begin working on the flood model/hat store, i'll show a mockups of the direction i'm thinking of going.

Mockup: http://i.imgur.com/ZT8bg2S.png

Any suggestions are welcome.
 

TehBandit

#YesAllWomen
May 5, 2013
604
7
38
21
#2
What kind of store? We have the weapon store already. If you can use some specifics I think I may have some ideas.
 
May 13, 2013
906
1
38
#7
Neverwinter said:
TehBandit said:
sno said:
Mockup: http://i.imgur.com/ZT8bg2S.png

Any suggestions are welcome.
http://i.imgur.com/NdCTP8B.jpg Thoughts? I based mine a bit off yours so it wasn't TOO far apart.
Mother of god... And I hope the store turns out great
I want the hat preview to look EXACTLY like that.
 

Yukki

Well-Known Member
May 11, 2013
448
1
18
120
#9
I already sent you the link to this sno, but these models would be a great addition to the shop..

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144978582

this is so everyone else can see it.
 

[EGI]BFG

Well-Known Member
May 9, 2013
255
5
18
120
#11
IMO, we don't need shittons of downloads for the server that cause people to show up as glowing errors if you don't have them; why don't we just make hats similar to pointshop from default props?
but since there is a tab dedicated to player models... can't we just make more CSS/DOD models available? Or at the very least minimize the amount of player models we add, seeing that we already have the boxdude and a few others?
 
May 13, 2013
906
1
38
#12
[EGI]BFG said:
IMO, we don't need shittons of downloads for the server that cause people to show up as glowing errors if you don't have them; why don't we just make hats similar to pointshop from default props?
but since there is a tab dedicated to player models... can't we just make more CSS/DOD models available? Or at the very least minimize the amount of player models we add, seeing that we already have the boxdude and a few others?
I don't see the point in having so many player models. It's just useless. It's not like they give you special bonuses.
 

идэн

Co-Owner
Staff member
Owner
Feb 4, 2012
3,132
645
143
#13
Player models attract players. And it downloads them when you join so they would not be errors.
 

Sno

Owner/Founder
Staff member
Owner
Feb 3, 2012
2,358
1,155
143
West Virginia, United States
#14
[EGI]BFG said:
IMO, we don't need shittons of downloads for the server that cause people to show up as glowing errors if you don't have them; why don't we just make hats similar to pointshop from default props?
but since there is a tab dedicated to player models... can't we just make more CSS/DOD models available? Or at the very least minimize the amount of player models we add, seeing that we already have the boxdude and a few others?
We aren't planning on adding lots of downloads, but there will be a few extra custom models. and maybe a few more overtime.
 
May 13, 2013
906
1
38
#15
[quote author=Queen Diclonius link=topic=1325.msg11176#msg11176 date=1370040536]
Player models attract players. And it downloads them when you join so they would not be errors.
[/quote]
WHat type of models will be added?
 

[EGI]BFG

Well-Known Member
May 9, 2013
255
5
18
120
#16
[quote author=Queen Diclonius link=topic=1325.msg11176#msg11176 date=1370040536]
Player models attract players. [size=18pt]And it downloads them when you join[/size] so they would not be errors.
[/quote]

EVEN WORSE
The LESS Downloads, the better.
 

Dragonite

Well-Known Member
Apr 13, 2013
226
0
18
California
#17
[EGI]BFG said:
[quote author=Queen Diclonius link=topic=1325.msg11176#msg11176 date=1370040536]
Player models attract players. [size=18pt]And it downloads them when you join[/size] so they would not be errors.
EVEN WORSE
The LESS Downloads, the better.
[/quote]

FastDL brah. FAST DL
 

[EGI]BFG

Well-Known Member
May 9, 2013
255
5
18
120
#18
PikaDrew said:
[EGI]BFG said:
[quote author=Queen Diclonius link=topic=1325.msg11176#msg11176 date=1370040536]
Player models attract players. [size=18pt]And it downloads them when you join[/size] so they would not be errors.
EVEN WORSE
The LESS Downloads, the better.
FastDL brah. FAST DL
[/quote]

What about players who have like, a 500 kbps connection? We want to be considerate. Minimizing Downloads is how you do that.
 
May 13, 2013
906
1
38
#19
[EGI]BFG said:
PikaDrew said:
[EGI]BFG said:
[quote author=Queen Diclonius link=topic=1325.msg11176#msg11176 date=1370040536]
Player models attract players. [size=18pt]And it downloads them when you join[/size] so they would not be errors.
EVEN WORSE
The LESS Downloads, the better.
FastDL brah. FAST DL
What about players who have like, a 500 kbps connection? We want to be considerate. Minimizing Downloads is how you do that.
[/quote]

And, you know.... FastDL can be buggy like crazy.
 

Dragonite

Well-Known Member
Apr 13, 2013
226
0
18
California
#20
[EGI]BFG said:
PikaDrew said:
[EGI]BFG said:
[quote author=Queen Diclonius link=topic=1325.msg11176#msg11176 date=1370040536]
Player models attract players. [size=18pt]And it downloads them when you join[/size] so they would not be errors.
EVEN WORSE
The LESS Downloads, the better.
FastDL brah. FAST DL
What about players who have like, a 500 kbps connection? We want to be considerate. Minimizing Downloads is how you do that.
[/quote]

I more often find someone with a higher internet connection than me over a lower internet connection than me. I mean, a few mb's couldn't hurt, could it?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edit: I WANT THIS. THEY FALL APART WHEN YOU DIE. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=147802259&searchtext=
 
Status
Not open for further replies.